First Alert Weather is tracking a heightened risk for severe storms through our area today from late morning through the first part of the afternoon as a strong cold front approaches. Here is a look at the forecast to prepare for the weather Tuesday will bring:
- Timing of line of storms ahead of a cold front: 11 am to 5 pm across the viewing area.
- JAX Metro passing through between 1-2 pm and 4-5 pm.
- General line of storms will be moving from NW to SE. Individual cells will be racing to the northeast at 30-40 mph.
- Main threats:
- Damaging Wind gusts
- Potential for some hail
- Brief heavy rainfall
- Isolated tornado possible (would be a quick spin-up)
- A few scattered showers in the morning hours.
- Will be a warm day in the lower 80s.
- Breezy with SW winds at 10-20 mph.
Weather will turn cooler and breezy by Wednesday under a mostly sunny sky.
What you need to do be "weather aware:"
1. Download the free Action News JAX First Alert Weather App for free to get instant weather alerts and exclusive lightning notifications. You will also receive video forecasts and instant severe weather warnings to your mobile device. Plus, follow the First Alert Weather Team on social media for the latest storm updates.
2. Go - here - for "Talking the Tropics with Mike"
3. Click.. ** here** for the "Buresh Blog"
© 2018 Cox Media Group.