Edward Waters College is the oldest historically black college and university in Florida. This private college was founded in 1866 and now offers bachelor's degrees in eight different programs.
Here are six experiences all EWC students probably share:
1. You did everything possible to avoid going to chapel.
2. You ordered a late dinner from the chicken truck.
3. You played spades at Morris Cone.
4. You lost track of time playing dominoes in the Student Union Building (SUB).
5. You wanted to be a member of Purple Thunder.
6. You rushed back to campus to make it back before curfew.
This list was written by an Edward Waters College alumna.
Visit our back to school section for the supply shopping list, bus stop forecasts and dress code information.
Watch Action News Jax This Morning for all your back to school coverage weekday mornings starting at 4:30 on FOX30.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.